MID CUT Plate Shoe
The official on-field shoe for MLB umpires starting the 2019 season is the 460 New Balance Umpire Plate Shoes. They are designed for that extra look of authority with a hi-gloss finish that is easy to clean while maintaining the comfort, breathability and traction you expect in an on-field athletic shoe.
The redesigned floating instep guard provides advanced features. First, it provides maximum protection where you need it most, on the inside of your feet, without the extra bulk on the outside where you don’t. Second, it “releases” from the top making it easier to take on and off and to lace your sholaces. Third, there is a mesh strap that creates space between your shoe and guard for air to flow.
This mid-cut style is all-black high gloss finish with MLB logo on the tongue and heel and with NB logo on sole.
- Dispersion Instep Guard provides more inner foot protection
- Toe box is designed of the highest grade Thermal Polyurethane possible, with greater density in high impact zones
- ABZORB® – a blend of Dupont™ Engage® and Isoprene rubber – in heel and forefoot provides superior shock absorption and cushioning throughout the game
- Strategically placed mesh strap on inside of metatarsal guard that promotes air flow and breathability
- Guard releases for easy on/off
- Mid-cut provides greater ankle support
- High gloss is easy to clean / polishable
- Snug-fit integrated neoprene sock liner provides additional comfort between foot and hard toe
- Nubby outsole for enhanced traction
- 31.3 ounces per shoe (size 15)
- The official plate shoes for MLB umpires
- For baseball or softball
- Men’s sizing in all widths
I Personally wear the Low Cut Plate Shoe, and my feet and legs feel great after games or even long tournaments. The SKU